Physiotherapy For the Performance Horse
Winning Ways, 16th - 17th June 2012, Aintree Race course, Liverpool
Join leading international experts in equine exercise physiology and
musculoskeletal health for the latest on performance horse health and
exercise in the lead up to London's 2012 Olympic Games.
International guest speakers include physiotherapist Narelle Stubbs (official
physiotherapist for the Australian Olympic Equestrian Team and author of the
Activate your Horse's Core) who will present the latest research
& practical techniques on how to get the best from performance horse. Also
Professor Ken Hinchcliff, senior editor of
Equine Sports Medicine and Surgery and
world renowned equine biomechanist Professor René van Weeren from the
University of Utrecht.
A big line up of national and international authorities in performance, health,
biomechanics and rehabilitation will share the latest findings and knowledge
with you at this two day conference.
The programmes are tailored for the audience and area of interest with sessions
for riders, trainers, physiotherapists and veterinarians.
PROGRAMME FOR PHYSIOTHERAPISTS
- Performance evaluation for the equine physiotherapist
- Cardio-respiratory and nutritional causes of poor performance
- Equine neck, back and pelvic pain syndromes
- Sports specific biomechanics of performance
- Evaluation of the performance horse by the veterinary physiotherapist
- Management of performance related problems in the equine performance horses
- Management of obesity and other nutritional disorders
- Sports specific exercise based therapy
- Use of proprioceptive taping and theraband techniques
- Sports horse injury and rehabilitation
René van Weeren Ken Hinchcliff
Narelle Stubbs Teresa Hollands